OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
New Wave Group (Australia) accepts its moral, legal and financial responsibility to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, subcontractors, visitors, and any other persons working on behalf of New Wave Group (Australia). Everyone is accountable for meeting the responsibilities within this Policy.
New Wave Group is committed to:
- comply with legislative requirements and industry standards;
- providing and maintaining safe systems of work;
- providing relevant health and safety information, instruction, training and supervision to employees, contractors, apprentices, visitors and other persons working on behalf of New Wave Group (Australia) to ensure their safety;
- consulting and communicating with employees, contractors, apprentices, visitors and other persons working on behalf of New Wave Group (Australia) on workplace health and safety issues;
- providing support and resources to managers and employees to help them meet their workplace health and safety duties;
- continuously improve New Wave Group (Australia) commitment to workplace health and safety by setting measurable and achievable objectives and targets;
- actively monitoring the safety performance, safety systems and high-risk activities.
Management and Senior Electrician/Leading Handy staff are responsible for:
- communicating and implementing this Policy in their area of responsibility;
- actively monitoring and maintaining the workplace in a condition that is safe and without risks to health;
- helping to develop, promote and implement health and safety processes;
- educating employees in understanding safety processes and correcting unsafe behaviors;
- effectively consulting and communicating with workers on matters affecting their health and safety;
- reporting a death, serious injury and dangerous incident to the state regulator, WorkSafe Victoria.
Employees are responsible for:
- taking care of the health and safety of themselves and others who might be affected by their acts or omissions;
- identifying, controlling and reporting any safety hazards or risks;
- comply with all health and safety processes, rules and safe systems of work.
Compliance with this Health and Safety Policy is mandatory for all employees, contractors, apprentices, visitors and other persons potentially impacted by New Wave Group (Australia). Through ongoing instruction and training, employees, contractors, apprentices, visitors and other persons potentially impacted by New Wave Group (Australia) will be capable of meeting the objectives of this Policy.